Uncategorized

4 Week Project | Alphabet Photography

We were given another brief which included photography. I personally really love photography as I’ve been interested in cameras for a very long time. So it was quite obvious that I would be very interested in this specific brief.

We were told to have gone around, anywhere and make an a-z for alphabet photography.

We were told to see things in a different light, different perspective! And I think in doing so, you’ll realise a lot of things that may not have occurred to you before.

The examples above are Alphabet photography that I quite liked, especially the  one in the middle, it takes basic things, basic shapes to then been seen as a letter of the alphabet. This sort of photography shows us that if we took more time from our day to look at where we are there are a lot of different things that can be seen.

I also really liked the last one as it reminds me of New York City, in a busy city full of life there’s so much being walked past that you don’t essentially see it unless you stop and look. Though some of those photos are just letters that are on a surface.

Advertisements

4 Week Project | Flash Animation & GarageBand: Result

The outcome for my Flash animation was this;

I started of with working with GarageBand as I felt that animating to the music made much more sense, I wanted some subtle and acoustic as it would fit appropriately to idea I had. I tried a few different types of instruments like the guitar, but it didn’t found very good. Using the piano section of GarageBand was definitely successful as i managed to come up with a 15 second clip of soundtrack.

When I started to animate, I started at the second part of the soundtrack as I had seen the sort of abstract animation I wanted for it. A simple blocks and lines, popping up and randomly changing, the soundtrack was very bouncy and it jumped a lot as well as speed up. I then moved onto the last section of the soundtrack and I felt it was quite sudden..so dots came into my head and I used the Spray Brush Tool to create random areas of dots. I randomised the thickness of the brush to give it a much more splattered look. the beginning part of the soundtrack was quite difficult to animate as I wanted something to do with blocks moving across the screen. What I had finessed with, I;m not entirely happy because I felt that it could have been better and a lot more synced.

Syncing animation to music was a difficult challenge as you need precise anchors to determine where the animation would go.

Flash as a software to use was fairly okay, but it’s not something that i’d want to use as much because with other animation software there’s a lot you can do and achieve.

4 Week Project | Flash Animation & GarageBand: Research

For the first mini project we were set to do an animation using Adobe Flash, the animation a piece of music that you created on garageband. We were told to use a stage of 22mmx16mm, and that the animation had to be at least 15 seconds. 15 seconds may not sound like a lot but a lot of work goes into animation as there are many different ways you can structure animation.

I’ve previously worked with Flash, and working with it again refreshed my known knowledge about the interface and how to use it. I felt quite confident about the brief, and got to researching Flash animations on the internet. Flash as a software isn’t something that I would use to do a complicated animation as it seems to be a software that not many agree on.

Here’s an example of a flash animation that I also took inspiration from;

It has basic shapes that you can easily move around and control in Flash. A simplistic idea which showcases detail as it syncs up very well with the soundtrack. I liked and chose this animation because I felt that it was well thought out and the repetitiveness of the shapes kept with the theme.

Alpha Centauri : Overall Feedback & Presentation

This project had its ups and downs, but in the end I think we all got through it okay. Our videos came out well as well as the website.

The presentation was made as a group, and we all contributed to the actual presenting..although there was a few interruptions by some group members but those have been overlooked as everyone got to say what they needed to say.

The input from everyone is what pulled the project to a finish.